The President called the terrorist a "suspect" and treated the issue as a crime instead of a terrorist act. His press comments were fairly pathetic and not worth the time he took to get off the golf course. I'm not sure if alot of America is all in a tizzy about this in the middle of the holiday glare - but if you were looking for solace and comfort from the President you didn't get it. He is much more animated accusing honest and hardworking Massachusetts policemen than talking down red-handed terrorists.
This look at a few more fun facts:
- He banned the use of the word "war on terror"
- He wants to close the terrorist jail in Guantanimo, Cuba - a state-of-the-art and out-of-country haven for those who want to kill Americans
- He wants to move those terrorists - who want to kill Americans - to a place 90 miles from Chicago - to an old prison that will need major significant upgrades to come anywhere close to what Guantonimo provides. And nevertheless they will now be in-country.
- He wants to put the most significant terrorists on trial in New York city - instead of going to military tribunal - which all other war combatants have gone to. In essence he still is handling terrorism as a crime, assigning US citizen rights to terrorists and creating a mockery of this nation.
- His attorney general has further insinuated, under questioning from a Senate panel, that he would give those same rights to Osama bin laden if caught as well.
- This same attorney general has spent more time trying to imprison CIA operatives who have tried to save American lives than go after these terrorists.
- And his hand picked head of Homeland Security - Janet Neopolitano - the ex-Arizona governor who promoted amnesty for illegals in this country - said over the weekend that the security system on planes and in airports "worked".
And with this track record how are we going to "learn from this event". The administration has already scared federal investigators from trying to learn information from terrorist "suspects" by a number of means - how can anyone be confident "that the government is taking the proper precautions to keep the flying public safe"? Everything Obama has done has been to keep us less safe.
Unfortunately we have more to fear from our overly incompetant administration than maybe the terrorists themselves. It's okay Barry - just go back to your golf game. Have yourself a merry little christmas.