Monday, November 06, 2006

Go Vote!


Tomorrow is Election Day – and while it is “only” a mid-term it is everyone’s responsibility to get your voice heard. No matter what you think, what you feel, this great country wants you to go to the polls and express your view. It is our right. And it always disappoints me how many people do not use that right.

I find myself in many discussions whether they be at work or at art house gatherings in lower San Pedro. People bitch about al sorts of stuff – but many of them do not vote. They think their vote doesn’t count and somehow remove themselves from the political process.

You can’t be part of it unless you are part of it. I love voting. I love the old high schools they are held in. I love the process with many retired folks helping out in the process. I love how generally gentile it is. Everywhere I have been there has not been much ruckus – fairly much respect. Don’t know about you guys – but everytime an election comes around I feel I’m part of a big collective of western civilization. And in our times of 24/7 news anarchy I feel the process somewhat settling and relaxing. People do vote – and make things happen.

For more excessive political ramblings go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why so many people don't vote. It's a shame to give up a precious right that many people in the world do not have.